Growing Cities Screening Event at 5:00 PM on 5/1/2014
||5/1/2014 5:00:00 PM
Des Moines, IA 50309
“From rooftop farmers to backyard beekeepers, Americans are growing food like never before. Growing Cities goes coast to coast to tell the inspiring stories of these intrepid urban farmers, activists, and everyday city-dwellers who are challenging the way this country feeds itself. From those growing in backyards to make ends meet to educators teaching kids to eat healthier, viewers find that urban farming is about much more than simply good food.”
The Growing Cities Screening event is a chance for those involved in the central Iowa food system (so, everyone) to be get ideas from around the country on ways individuals, groups and organizations are getting engaged in their food system. While the movie travels from coast to coast, Des Moines residents have a lot to brag about as well. The event will include:
• Opportunity to meet and hear from the film producer – Daniel Susman
• Social Hour – time for attendees to visit partner organizations booths and learn about their role in urban agriculture in Des Moines while enjoying cocktails and food from local food trucks.
• Incentives for bike riders – attendees who ride their bikes will enjoy extra perks
• Private screening of “Growing Cities” film
• Panel discussion with local urban agriculture leaders
The event will be a ZERO waste event through partnership with RecycleMe Iowa.