Community Foundation awards more than $240,000 to local nonprofits
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:16 AM
The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines announced Tuesday the recipients of its Leadership Grants. More than $240,000 will be awarded to local nonprofits to put toward funding projects that strengthen Greater Des Moines by proactively responding to community trends. The following nonprofits received a Leadership Grant:
- Polk County Conservation: $100,000 for construction of the Jester Park Conservation Center.
- Community Youth Concepts: $50,000 toward Project Forever Home.
- Des Moines Water Works Park Foundation -- $35,000 for a feasibility study on starting the Foundation
- Harbor of Hope -- $35,000 for the Lifetime Recovery Program.
- Des Moines Art Center -- $20,000 to the Conservation of Environmental Sculpture project.