Mark Ackelson, president of the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation, is among seven Central Iowans who will be honored next month for community leadership by the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute (GDMLI).
Ackelson will receive the A. Arthur Davis Distinguished Community Leadership Award during the GDMLI's annual Distinguished Leadership Awards Banquet on April 11.
The award recipients exemplify community trusteeship as well as the GDMLI's vision of developing, connecting, inspiring and challenging community leaders. Other leaders who will be recognized are:
* Distinguished Business Leadership Award: Chris Kyhl, QCI
* Distinguished GDMLI Alumni Volunteer Award: Renee Hardman, Bankers Trust Co.
* Community Visioning Award - Developing: Megan Ruble, Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
* Community Visioning Award - Connecting: Bob Stewart, CBRE/Hubbell Commercial
* Community Visioning Award - Inspiring: Tony Dickinson, Wells Fargo Bank
* Community Visioning Award - Challenging: Tony Timm, Central Iowa Shelter & Services
The event will be held Thursday, April 11, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Renaissance Des Moines Savery Hotel. To purchase individual tickets or tables of 10 for the Distinguished Leadership Awards Dinner, go to www.gdmli.com.