Leadership Institute honors six with Distinguished Leadership Award
Tuesday, May 06, 2014 3:16 PM
Six community leaders will be recognized by the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute as champions of community betterment in Central Iowa. Those receiving this year's award are:
- Lena Avila Robison, Latinos Unidos of Iowa, receives the A. Arthur Davis Distinguished Community Leadership Award.
- Randy Kunert, Iowa State Patrol, receives the Community Vision Award - Developing.
- Karen Goldsworth, Strauss Security Solutions, receives the Community Vision Award.
- Anjela Shutts, Whitfield & Eddy PLC, receives the Community Vision Award - Inspiring.
- Neal Westin, Nyemaster Goode P.C., receives the Community Vision Award - Challenging.
- Mary Mendenhall-Core, Iowa Association of Business and Industry Foundation: receives the Alumni Volunteer Award.
The luncheon is Thursday, May 22, at The Temple for Performing Arts. Tickets to the luncheon are available online.