Do Greater Des Moines residents feel connected to their community?
According to the Greater Des Moines Partnership's Central Iowa Human Capital Survey, that answer is a resounding yes.
The Partnership released the results of the survey Thursday. The purpose of it was to determine the likelihood that residents will remain in the area.
Approximately 3,000 people took the survey. Here's a look at how residents feel about the area:
- 88 percent are proud to be a member of the community and would recommend it to others.
- 85 percent believe people are treated with civility and respect.
- 85 percent have strong friendships outside work.
- 84 percent vote in local elections.
- 82 percent believe this community encourages and supports a balanced and productive lifestyle.
Overall, 92 percent said they lead a healthy and productive life in Central Iowa. Ninety percent feel safe here, and 91 percent said it's a good community in which to raise a family.
According to the Partnership's website, the survey was the first of its kind conducted in Iowa.