2012 Forty Under 40
Central Iowa's future is in good hands, as you'll see why when you read about the members of the Business Record's
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:20 AM
After an exhaustive review process by a number of our past Forty Under 40 honorees, the nominated candidates were whittled down to this year's distinguished list of Forty Under 40 honorees. The group is made up of 40 local business leaders under the age of 40 who have demonstrated impressive career achievements and unparalleled community involvement. Scroll down to see the list, and make plans to attend our event on March 27 when we honor each member of the class.
Well, shoot, I didn’t make it this year. Perhaps my application got lost in the mail. Or maybe I was snubbed for ethical reasons. Yep, that’s likely what happened — I’m pretty sure of it.
At 24 going on 25, I’m running out of years to make it. I’m starting to sweat.
This year’s honorees — and every year’s honorees for that matter — are involved in everything. Their influence is felt every day on the boards they serve on, the nonprofit organizations they help and in their workplaces. It’s not easy to make this class (I was rejected, after all, and I work here), because there truly are some remarkably involved honorees. And, you should have seen the other 136 applications that weren’t chosen this year.
Seriously, if the Forty Under 40 applications were typed in any bigger than 3 point font, we’d need forklifts to move them around our building.
Go ahead, take a flip through and look at these up-and-coming leaders.
While you’re at it, give them a ring and ask them to join your board. From the looks of their resumes, nobody is going to say no.
So to the 2012 class, I’ll swallow my pride, put on my best smile, and begrudgingly extend my congratulations to all of you.
All right, so I kid, I didn’t apply. My resume is clearly lacking. And honestly, if my resume ever remotely resembles the works of art that are submitted each year, I’d feel accomplished. You truly are an inspiration to both me personally and to the community.
However, I think it’s fair to say I will be petitioning our rules and ethics committee to allow for employees of the Business Record to be honored.
In the meantime, all I need to do for next year is round out my resume with a few volunteer opportunities.
Thirty-seven should be enough ... right?
– Chris Conetzkey, Editor of the Business Record
Meet the 2012 Forty Under 40 Honorees
• Michael Abbott - Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
• Sondra Ashmore - IBM Corp.
• Shannon Baird - JE Dunn Construction Co.
• J. Eric Boehlert - Ahlers & Cooney P.C.
• Nataliya Boychenko - Holmes Murphy and Associates Inc.
• Becki Brommel - BrownWinick
• Catherine Cownie - BrownWinick
• Spencer Cox - Vending Services Inc.
• Scott Crawford - RDG Planning & Design
• Tony Dickinson - Wells Fargo Bank
• Shannon Duval - Mercy Foundation
• Meg Fitz - Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Tim Hayes - McLellan Marketing Group
• Christi Hegstad - MAP Professional Development Inc.
• Naura Heiman Godar - StruXture Architects LLC
• Danielle Hermann - OPN Architects Inc.
• Sara Kobilka - Science Center of Iowa
• Liz Lidgett - Kum & Go LC
• Holly Logan - Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
• Matthew Marckmann - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
• Bryan Michael - Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc.
• Ben Milne - Dwolla Corp.
• Suzanne Mineck - Mid-Iowa Health Foundation
• Nikki Miras Mordini - Davis Brown Law Firm
• David Nelmark - Belin McCormick P.C.
• Anthony Nguyen - Wells Fargo Bank
• Lynh Nguyen Patterson - Delta Dental of Iowa
• Matt Nuetzman - InFocus Partners
• Brad Phillips - Farm Bureau Financial Services
• Tina Potthoff - MidAmerican Energy Co.
• Erin Schneider - Censeo Solutions Inc.
• Steve SchraderBachar - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc.
• Jamie Schug - Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
• Kristina Stanger - Nyemaster Goode P.C.
• Nate Stewart - Perishable Distributors of Iowa Ltd.
• Jason Stone - Davis Brown Law Firm
• Melissa Stover - Bankers Trust Co.
• Tray Wade - HCI Care Services
• Eric Wieland - Federal Emergency Management Agency
• Geoff Wood - Silicon Prairie News
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2012 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer