Ten Quad-City community leaders recently were named 2017 Athena and Male Champion of Change Award honorees by Iowa Women Lead Change -- The Women's Connection.
The Athena Awards are presented by the Connection and the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce to elevate and honor women who are setting a gold standard in their business and community leadership, and who are helping to bring along the next generation of female leaders.
The Male Champion for Change Award honors a man from the region who exhibits exceptional commitment to the acceleration of women in leadership and who uses his influence and talents to enhance gender diversity.
Award recipients were originally reported by the Quad-City Times
. Learn more about honorees online.
Athena honorees are:
- Dr. Ann O'Donnell, Genesis Health System.
- Dee Bruemmer, retired Scott County administrator.
- Donna Young, Isabel Bloom LLC.
- Nancy Renkes, River Bend Foodbank.
- Beth Darnell, DMW Design.
Male Champion of Change Award honorees are:
- Aaron Tennant, founder of Total Solutions Inc. and former CEO of Tennant Truck Lines Inc.
- Decker Ploehn, Bettendorf city administrator.
- John Anderson, Quad-City Bank & Trust president and chief executive officer.
- Jim Russell, founder and owner of the construction company Russell.
- Mike Reyes, League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Council 10.
The 2017 Athena Awards luncheon will take place at 11:30 a.m. on March 30 at Rhythm City Casino Resort in Davenport. Register online