April honors and awards
Friday, April 26, 2013 9:00 AM
- Chad Ireland is the number one sales associated at Coldwell Banker Mid-America Group Realtors for 2012. He is the number one sales associate in the state of Iowa and the number four sales associate in the region for Coldwell Banker, which consists of 17 states.
- The Coldwell Banker Mid-America Group Realtors Ankeny office ranked the number one office in the state of Iowa among Coldwell Banker affiliate offices and earned a “Premier Office” designation. To achieve this status every agent in the office must meet the minimum requirements of 20 sold units and $100,000 in GCI.
- Aviva USA received United Way of Central Iowa's 2013 Spirit Award, the organization's highest honor. The award is given to one organization each year for excellence in the three categories of Give, Advocate and Volunteer.
- United Way of Central Iowa also honored nine other organizations and individuals in the Give, Advocate and Volunteer categories. Give: Ruan Transportation Management Systems, ITAGroup and John Deere Co. Advocate: Des Moines Area Religious Council, Meredith Corp. and Debbie Hubbell, a national leader in advocating for women's philanthropy on behalf of improving the quality of care and learning for preschool children. Volunteer: Sammons Financial Group, Wells Fargo & Co. and Teresa Choi of Dress for Success Des Moines, which promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire.
- INVISION Architecture Ltd.’s Tonia Householder will represent Iowa on the AIA Central States Region Emerging Professionals Committee.
- Iowa Area Development Group presented the annual Ripple Effect IMPACT award to Interstate Communications in Truro, Iowa. The company was honored and recognized for leadership in community and economic development projects it helped in Warren County.
- Steve Tenney, chief financial officer of Story Construction, was elected vice chairman of the Construction Financial Management Association.
- The Baker Group is the first Iowa member of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) to win the MCAA’s National Top Safety Award.
- On With Life Inc.’s brain injury programs received a three-year accreditation from Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities International.
- Iowa State Fair Board received the Outstanding Industry Partner award from the Iowa Wine Growers Association.
- Hy-Vee Inc. received the Retail Partner of the Year award from the Iowa Wine Growers Association.
- Les Ackermann of Ackermann Winery received the Winemaker of the Year award from the Iowa Wine Growers Association.
- Larry & Vi Engbers of Black Creek Vineyards received the Vineyard of the Year award from the Iowa Wine Growers Association.
- Swine Festival received the Outstanding Collaborative Wine Event award from the Iowa Wine Growers Association.
- The 2012 Fireside Chat at Fireside Winery received the Outstanding Marketing Campaign award from Iowa Wine Growers Association.
Terry Hernandez, executive director of The Chrysalis Foundation, received the Connie Wimer Spirit award from the National Association of Women Business Owners - Central Iowa Chapter.
Monica Dolezal, founder of BIZSTARTS LLC, received the Woman Business Owner of the Year award from the National Association of Women Business Owners - Central Iowa Chapter.
Ini Augustine, CEO of SocialWise Media Group, received the Aspiring Woman Business Owner of the Year award from the National Association of Women Business Owners - Central Iowa Chapter.
KHI Financial Solutions received the Corporate Partner of the Year award from the National Association of Women Business Owners - Central Iowa Chapter.
The University of Northern Iowa Sabin Hall renovation has received LEED Gold certification from the US Green Building. Project team includes: University of Northern Iowa Facilities Planning, UNI College of Social and Behavioral Sciences , Larson Construction Co. Inc. and Brooks Borg Skiles Architecture Engineering LLP.
The U.S. Small Business Administration named Charles Hammond Jr., president and CEO of Raining Rose Inc. in Cedar Rapids, its 2013 Iowa Small Business Person of the Year.
Jerry Foster, founder and chairman of Foster Group Inc., Jim Masterson, CEO of LightEdge Solutions, and Jon Troen, president of Rock Communications Ltd., were named finalists in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 program in the Upper Midwest. The award recognizes outstanding entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
The American Diabetes Association and the Iowa Father’s Day Council will award Raymond Cole, president and chief operating officer of Citadel Communications Company L.P., Daniel Houston, president of retirement, insurance and financial services of Principal Financial Group Inc., and Gary Palmer, president and CEO of Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino, the 2013 Father of the Year Award.
The Cedar Falls Public Works Complex, designed by INVISION Architecture Ltd, has received LEED Silver certification through the US Green Building Council.
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2017 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software,
All Rights Reserved