February honors and awards
Friday, March 01, 2013 10:54 AM
- Carole Tillotson, Associate Director of Career Development at Drake University Law School, received the Madelyn M. Levitt Distinguished Community Service Award.
- John Fatino, a member of Whitfield & Eddy PLC, was appointed co-chair of the American Bar Association’s Fidelity and Surety Law Committee’s Mid-Winter Surety Program in 2014.
- BDF Investments Shane O’Malley received certification as a certified financial planner.
- John Paule has been named a National Association of Corporate Directors fellow, the highest level of credentialing for corporate directors and corporate governance professionals. John currently serves as a director on the boards of Homesteaders Life Insurance Company and HCI Care Services.
- Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines’ Mercy Cancer Center was awarded a three-year accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
- Kim Walker was named a 2013 BTI client service all-star
- RDG Planning & Design was selected as the honoree of a Business and Community Partnership Award from the Chinese Association of Iowa’s 25 Years Contributions Awards. The Business and Community Partnership Award recognizes businesses that are finding ways to support and strengthen the Iowa Chinese community.
- Trilix received one gold and two silvers in the AAF of Des Moines’ ADDY Awards, the advertising industry’s largest competition. The company got a Gold in the category of Creative Services and Industry Suppliers, Cards, Invitations or Announcements for the Trilix Holiday Kits; a Silver in the category of Product or Service Sales Presentation, Printed Newsletter category for the EMC Insurance newsletter EMC Cooperator; and a Silver in the category of Brochure, Campaign for Miles Capital Collateral.
- Bankers Trust Co. received the Business and Community Partnership Award at the Chinese Association of Iowa’s 25th Anniversary Celebration. Bankers Trust employees Grace Yang and See Rodari both received a Community Contribution Award.
- Prairie Meadows received the Outstanding Partnership Award from Civic Music Association. Prairie Meadows has supported Civic Music Association’s Partners in Music Education Programs through its community betterment grant program and provided support through several concert sponsorships throughout the years.
- Sara Larson has been selected as American Trust Professional of the Year.
- Iowa Credit Union League’s Chief Operating Officer Murray Williams received the 2013 Leadership & Support Award from the Network of Latino Credit Unions and Professionals (NLCUP).
- Scott Bailey, founder and president of In the Black – Ink Co., has been designated as a Certified Succession Planner by the International Succession Planning Association.
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2014 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer