Honors and Awards: Week of May 24
Friday, May 24, 2013 10:18 AM
- Iowa State University students Gabriel Comstock, Michael Thole, Justin Wang and Adrienne Nelson are this year’s recipients of American Institute of Architects, Iowa Chapter’s (AIA Iowa) Excellence Awards. The AIA Medals are awarded to Architecture students with the highest cumulative GPA in the accredited programs and the certificates are presented to those with the second-highest ranking.
- Rob Young of KJWW Engineering Consultants, Des Moines, is a recipient of Consulting-Specifying Engineer’s 2013 40 Under 40 awards. The award is given to 40 building industry professionals age 40 and younger who stand out in all aspects of their lives.
- Jeanne Wagner, U.S. Bank branch manager in Ankeny, Iowa, has won U.S. Bank’s Annual Pinnacle Award, the company’s highest employee achievement honor.
- Richard L. Deming, M.D., has been inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Radiology (ACR). The induction took place at a formal convocation ceremony during the recent ACR Annual Meeting and Chapter Leadership conference May 4-8, 2013, in Washington, D.C.
- The Members Group (TMG) has received recognition from the Iowa Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA Iowa) with NOVA Awards for excellence in its marketing campaigns.
- Dave McLaren, regional director of the Iowa Small Business Development Center at Southwestern Community College in Creston, was named the 2013 Iowa “State Star” by the national Association of Small Business Development Centers (America’s SBDC).
- The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) is the recipient of the Iowa Medical Society’s 2013 Washington Freeman Peck Award, which is given annually to an organization that makes significant contributions to public health.
- Davis Brown shareholder Sharon K. Malheiro was recently selected by the Iowa Organization of Women Attorneys (I.O.W.A) and the Iowa National Bar Association as this year’s recipient of the 11th annual Gertrude Rush Award.
- UnityPoint Clinic Family Medicine at Grimes and Internal Medicine at Lakeview have been recognized as level 3 Patient Centered Medical Homes. The level 3 recognition, which is designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is the highest level of achievement patient-centered medical homes can receive.
- KJWW Engineering Consultants is among the top 10 mechanical / electrical / plumbing (MEP) firms included in Engineering News-Record’s 2013 Top 500 Design Firms. ENR’s annual list, based on revenue, includes firms which offer architectural, engineering, contracting, environmental, geotechnical and planning design services or a combination thereof.
- On April 30, the American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR) recognized Sara Roti Couture of Mosaic in Des Moines as the 2013 Direct Support Professional of the Year for Iowa.
- The Center on Sustainable Communities, Des Moines Water Works, Greater Des Moines Partnership, Metro Waste Authority and MidAmerican Energy have selected UnityPoint Health - Des Moines as the recipient for the 2013 Environmental Impact Award in the Large Business category. The Environmental Impact Awards were established in 2011 to recognize organizations and leaders who exemplify environmentally sustainable practices.
- Raylene Rospond, of Drake University, who will transition from vice provost for operations to deputy provost on June 1, has been selected by the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) and the American Academic Leadership Institute (AALI) to participate in their yearlong Senior Leadership Academy. The academy is designed for mid-level administrators who aspire to senior leadership positions in independent colleges or universities.
- Brian D Herbel,AAMS®,CFP®, an Edward Jones financial advisor in Ankeny, Iowa, qualified for the firm's 2013 Financial Advisor Leaders Conference. This conference recognizes financial advisors who are among the leaders in the financial-services firm.
- Interstate Power and Light Company (IPL), an Alliant Energy company, recognized Hy-Vee, Inc. during a ceremony today at the 2013 Iowa Energy Summit for its commitment to seeking ways to improve the energy efficiency of stores and facilities across Iowa.
- Nearly 40 members of the American Institute of Architects, Iowa Chapter (AIA Iowa), have been recognized as participants in the AIA Iowa Citizen Architect Program by AIA Iowa for their volunteer service to Central Iowa. The Citizen Architect Program recognizes American Institute of Architects (AIA) Iowa members who represent AIA's values in their community through public service.
- INVISION, a planning, architecture and interiors firm recently received a Gold Award from the International Interior Design Association Great Plains Chapter. The firm was honored for excellence in corporate desing under 25,000 square feet.
- Outreach, Inc.,was honored with the award for outstanding efforts in addressing the eight Millennium Development Goals from the MDG Athletes and Artists Committee (MDGAAC) and The Jack Brewer Foundation (JBF Worldwide).
- At the 2013 American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Legislative Conference, ASA awarded Joseph Franklin Cassady Jr., MD, Associated Anesthesiologists, PC, society’s prestigious Bertram W. Coffer, MD Excellence in Government Award.
- The Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau was recently named the Sports Commission Member of the Year by the National Association of Sports Commissions (NASC) during their annual convention.
- MetLife announced on May 06, 2013 that Ankeny resident Brent Hinerichsen, ChFC, LUTCF, has been named Market Leader of the Iowa/Western Illinois territory. In this capacity, Hinerichsen will oversee firm operations at both The Iowa Financial Group and New England Financial_Iowa.
- Shive-Hattery won the Grand Place Award (1st place) in the Energy Production Category of the 2013 American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of Iowa for the University of Iowa Biomass System project.
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2015 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer