2012 Forty Under 40 Winner: J. Eric Boehlert
Friday, March 16, 2012 7:00 AM
Age 38 | Attorney and shareholder, Ahlers & Cooney P.C.
Golf has teed up a lifetime of memories for Eric Boehlert, so it’s little surprise that he brings his love for the game to his community activities.
“Growing up, golf quickly became my favorite father-son activity,” Boehlert said. “We’ve had numerous memorable experiences on the course over the years.”
Boehlert picked up the game at age 8. He has played the courses of Ireland, attended the Masters Tournament and plans to attend the Ryder Cup this year in Chicago, all with his dad.
He played varsity golf at Drake University, and his enthusiasm has carried over to his family.
“I continue to enjoy sharing the game with my wife (Darci) and kids (Lydia, 7, and Nathan, 4 1/2), both of whom have shown an interest,” he said.
Boehlert helps to organize the Dean’s Cup Golf Challenge, an annual fund-raiser for Iowa Legal Aid that pits Drake University Law School against the University of Iowa College of Law.
In the three years that Boehlert has worked with the Drake Classic planning committee, the event has raised $250,000 to support student-athletes at the university, according to Drake Athletic Director Sandy Hatfield Clubb.
“It was an easy transition to use the game to support causes close to me,” he said.
Boehlert chairs the associate development committee for Ahlers & Cooney P.C. and took on the overhaul of the firm’s website. He also is bond counsel for Polk County.
Five reasons he’s a 40:
• Named 2012 Best Lawyer for Public Finance.
• Member Drake Bulldog Club board.
• Chairman of Drake Classic committee.
• Organizes Dean’s Cup Golf Challenge.
“I was bitten by the photography bug and now enjoy following our kids around trying to capture all their youthful adventures.”
Meet the 2012 Forty Under 40 Honorees
• Michael Abbott - Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
• Sondra Ashmore - IBM Corp.
• Shannon Baird - JE Dunn Construction Co.
• J. Eric Boehlert - Ahlers & Cooney P.C.
• Nataliya Boychenko - Holmes Murphy and Associates Inc.
• Becki Brommel - BrownWinick
• Catherine Cownie - BrownWinick
• Spencer Cox - Vending Services Inc.
• Scott Crawford - RDG Planning & Design
• Tony Dickinson - Wells Fargo Bank
• Shannon Duval - Mercy Foundation
• Meg Fitz - Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Tim Hayes - McLellan Marketing Group
• Christi Hegstad - MAP Professional Development Inc.
• Naura Heiman Godar - StruXture Architects LLC
• Danielle Hermann - OPN Architects Inc.
• Sara Kobilka - Science Center of Iowa
• Liz Lidgett - Kum & Go LC
• Holly Logan - Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
• Matthew Marckmann - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
• Bryan Michael - Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc.
• Ben Milne - Dwolla Corp.
• Suzanne Mineck - Mid-Iowa Health Foundation
• Nikki Miras Mordini - Davis Brown Law Firm
• David Nelmark - Belin McCormick P.C.
• Anthony Nguyen - Wells Fargo Bank
• Lynh Nguyen Patterson - Delta Dental of Iowa
• Matt Nuetzman - InFocus Partners
• Brad Phillips - Farm Bureau Financial Services
• Tina Potthoff - MidAmerican Energy Co.
• Erin Schneider - Censeo Solutions Inc.
• Steve SchraderBachar - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc.
• Jamie Schug - Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
• Kristina Stanger - Nyemaster Goode P.C.
• Nate Stewart - Perishable Distributors of Iowa Ltd.
• Jason Stone - Davis Brown Law Firm
• Melissa Stover - Bankers Trust Co.
• Tray Wade - HCI Care Services
• Eric Wieland - Federal Emergency Management Agency
• Geoff Wood - Silicon Prairie News
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2014 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer