2012 Forty Under 40 Winner: Steve SchraderBachar
Friday, March 16, 2012 7:00 AM
Age 39 | Home mortgage consultant, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc.
At a time when it was pretty difficult to originate new mortgage loans, Steve SchraderBachar made it look easy. He generated more than $19 million in loan volume during his first 12 months as a home mortgage consultant for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc., where he started in June 2008. After three years with the company, he has developed a $45 million book of business.
SchraderBachar also takes the concept of community involvement to new heights. When he moved to Greater Des Moines in 1997, for instance, he began volunteering for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Iowa, served on his neighborhood association’s board and was elected to the Republican Central Committee for Polk County. He has served on the Ankeny Chamber of Commerce board and chaired its marketing committee for two years, and now serves on the Bondurant chamber’s board. He’s also a Master Mason with Gnemeth Lodge and a Za-Ga-Zig Shriner, active in Ankeny Little League and serves as an ordained elder at Ankeny Presbyterian Church.
“For me, it’s really just a passion about giving back,” said SchraderBachar, a Chicago native who moved to Greater Des Moines after he got married. “I’ve had a lot of opportunities to help people in my job as a mortgage person. It’s the biggest financial decision they’ll ever make. I just saw the chance to be involved in the community as a steppingstone to that.”
An advocate of social marketing, SchraderBachar blogs about the home-buying process for potential homeowners as well as business-building tips for real estate professionals. He has authored two books, “The Complete Guide to Buying a Home in Des Moines” and “Get Ready, Get Set, SOLD! Online and Offline Strategies to Help You Sell More Homes.”
He and his wife, Lori (a past Forty Under 40 honoree), have two children: JJ, 11, and Naomi, 7.
Five reasons he’s a 40:
• Led United Way of Central Iowa workplace campaigns; part of the Emerging Leaders initiative for past three years.
• Serves on the board of the Rotary Club of Ankeny and is the current community service chair.
• Served on the Jump$tart Financial Literacy Coalition as a board member.
• Volunteer coach for children’s flag football, basketball and baseball.
• Author of two real estate books.
He and his wife, Lori, combined their last names to create a new family name when they got married.
Meet the 2012 Forty Under 40 Honorees
• Michael Abbott - Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
• Sondra Ashmore - IBM Corp.
• Shannon Baird - JE Dunn Construction Co.
• J. Eric Boehlert - Ahlers & Cooney P.C.
• Nataliya Boychenko - Holmes Murphy and Associates Inc.
• Becki Brommel - BrownWinick
• Catherine Cownie - BrownWinick
• Spencer Cox - Vending Services Inc.
• Scott Crawford - RDG Planning & Design
• Tony Dickinson - Wells Fargo Bank
• Shannon Duval - Mercy Foundation
• Meg Fitz - Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Tim Hayes - McLellan Marketing Group
• Christi Hegstad - MAP Professional Development Inc.
• Naura Heiman Godar - StruXture Architects LLC
• Danielle Hermann - OPN Architects Inc.
• Sara Kobilka - Science Center of Iowa
• Liz Lidgett - Kum & Go LC
• Holly Logan - Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
• Matthew Marckmann - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
• Bryan Michael - Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc.
• Ben Milne - Dwolla Corp.
• Suzanne Mineck - Mid-Iowa Health Foundation
• Nikki Miras Mordini - Davis Brown Law Firm
• David Nelmark - Belin McCormick P.C.
• Anthony Nguyen - Wells Fargo Bank
• Lynh Nguyen Patterson - Delta Dental of Iowa
• Matt Nuetzman - InFocus Partners
• Brad Phillips - Farm Bureau Financial Services
• Tina Potthoff - MidAmerican Energy Co.
• Erin Schneider - Censeo Solutions Inc.
• Steve SchraderBachar - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc.
• Jamie Schug - Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
• Kristina Stanger - Nyemaster Goode P.C.
• Nate Stewart - Perishable Distributors of Iowa Ltd.
• Jason Stone - Davis Brown Law Firm
• Mellisa Stover - Bankers Trust Co.
• Tray Wade - Hospice of Central Iowa
• Eric Wieland - Federal Emergency Management Agency
• Geoff Wood - Silicon Prairie News
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2016 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software,
All Rights Reserved