2012 Forty Under 40 Winner: Suzanne Mineck
Friday, March 16, 2012 7:00 AM
Age 38 | president and CEO, Mid-Iowa Health Foundation
Fund raising has always been a part of Suzanne Mineck’s professional life, and her skills in that area have benefited several nonprofit organizations.
As the senior director of planned giving for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., from 2002 to 2005, she met an annual giving goal of $100 million. Prior to being hired as the president and CEO of Mid-Iowa Health Foundation, Mineck worked as a senior consultant with The Stelter Co. in Urbandale, advising health-care philanthropic organizations throughout the United States. A graduate of Luther College, Mineck has also served in fund-raising roles with the American Cancer Society in Iowa City, the University of Iowa Foundation and the University of Memphis.
Mineck joined Mid-Iowa Health Foundation in December 2010. The foundation has provided more than $16 million in funding support for nonprofit organizations in Greater Des Moines since it was founded in 1984, and recently established children’s health initiatives and organizations as a priority area for funding.
In addition to providing guidance to Mid-Iowa Health Foundation’s board as it developed a new strategic plan, “Suzanne has quickly become a sought-after adviser to other local funders and partners involved in improving the health of our region,” wrote Nolden Gentry, the foundation’s board chairman.
Mineck and her husband, Corey, have two daughters: Mari, 7, and Bryn, 4. They enjoy traveling; of a dozen countries she has visited, her favorite is Tanzania.
Mineck said she’s inspired daily about the difference that individuals can make.
“That motivates me about what can be accomplished and the lives that can be changed when a group of people come around one goal,” she said.
Five reasons she’s a 40:
• Serves on the leadership council and several committees of the Healthy Polk 2020 initiative.
• Thought leader as a member of the Capital Crossroads Urban Core Committee.
• Serves on the children and family ministry board of Faith Lutheran Church.
• Member of Luther College president’s advisory council.
• Has served as a speaker and trainer for the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines’ nonprofit capacity building programs.
When Mineck was in third grade, her parents let her travel for a month with another family to Mexico, sparking a lifelong love for travel.
Meet the 2012 Forty Under 40 Honorees
• Michael Abbott - Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
• Sondra Ashmore - IBM Corp.
• Shannon Baird - JE Dunn Construction Co.
• J. Eric Boehlert - Ahlers & Cooney P.C.
• Nataliya Boychenko - Holmes Murphy and Associates Inc.
• Becki Brommel - BrownWinick
• Catherine Cownie - BrownWinick
• Spencer Cox - Vending Services Inc.
• Scott Crawford - RDG Planning & Design
• Tony Dickinson - Wells Fargo Bank
• Shannon Duval - Mercy Foundation
• Meg Fitz - Greater Des Moines Partnership
• Tim Hayes - McLellan Marketing Group
• Christi Hegstad - MAP Professional Development Inc.
• Naura Heiman Godar - StruXture Architects LLC
• Danielle Hermann - OPN Architects Inc.
• Sara Kobilka - Science Center of Iowa
• Liz Lidgett - Kum & Go LC
• Holly Logan - Weinhardt & Logan P.C.
• Matthew Marckmann - Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
• Bryan Michael - Pioneer Hi-Bred International Inc.
• Ben Milne - Dwolla Corp.
• Suzanne Mineck - Mid-Iowa Health Foundation
• Nikki Miras Mordini - Davis Brown Law Firm
• David Nelmark - Belin McCormick P.C.
• Anthony Nguyen - Wells Fargo Bank
• Lynh Nguyen Patterson - Delta Dental of Iowa
• Matt Nuetzman - InFocus Partners
• Brad Phillips - Farm Bureau Financial Services
• Tina Potthoff - MidAmerican Energy Co.
• Erin Schneider - Censeo Solutions Inc.
• Steve SchraderBachar - Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Inc.
• Jamie Schug - Des Moines Area Regional Transit Authority
• Kristina Stanger - Nyemaster Goode P.C.
• Nate Stewart - Perishable Distributors of Iowa Ltd.
• Jason Stone - Davis Brown Law Firm
• Mellisa Stover - Bankers Trust Co.
• Tray Wade - Hospice of Central Iowa
• Eric Wieland - Federal Emergency Management Agency
• Geoff Wood - Silicon Prairie News
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2016 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software,
All Rights Reserved