Gitomer: Answers to tough questions
Friday, May 23, 2014 6:00 AM
The 3.5 biggest issues facing salespeople today are:
1. Price integrity
2. Customer loyalty
3. Fighting hungry competition
3.5. Quality, attitude and belief of the salesperson
These issues manifest themselves in BOTH lost sales that you could have won and lost profits that you could have earned.
• What are you doing to fight price pressures?
• What is your sales team doing this year to dominate the market and the competition?
• What is the perceived difference between you and the competition?
• What are you doing to create real value in your sales presentation?
• What are you doing to build more value-driven, loyal relationships?
And the age-old question: Where’s the beef? (aka: Where’s the proof YOU are the best buy?)
The key success answers lie in:
1. Value offered by the salesperson vs. value perceived by the customer. Ask yourself: What am I doing to TRANSFER my value message so the customer receives it AND believes it to be valuable?
2. Reputation of the product, the company AND the salesperson. Ask yourself: What is my TOTAL reputation and how do I continue to build it?
3. Proof of product, service, value, quality and outcome – social and video testimonials. Ask yourself: How am I using “voice of customer” as both social proof and video proof to win customer confidence and sales?
4. Depth of customer relationships, both with the salesperson and the company. Do customers just “like me” and still ask me to bid or quote, or do they just call and order? Ask yourself: Am I still bidding on business, and waiting to be told I won?
5. Ongoing, on-demand weekly training and reinforcement to both help and support salespeople in the field or on the phone. Go to www.gitomerVT.com for an amazing example. Ask yourself: What type of training am I offering that actually HELPS my team improve?
6. Sales tool support. Easy answer: www.aceofsales.com – this program is a differentiator and a difference maker. Besides amazing emails and email magazines, Ace of Sales offers hundreds of graphics and optional scripted emails and subject lines for every salesperson.
7. Leadership support. Encourage and GO WITH your salespeople on sales calls. Coach them; don’t manage them. Don’t just lead by example; set the standard.
7.5 Google in and Google out. You (and everyone on your team) should Google the customers and their company to do research before the meeting. HINT: The customers are Googling you as well.
MAJOR CLUE: It’s not just one or a few of these answers; it’s ALL of them.
To gain a better understanding of what CAN be done, here are the sales psychologies behind the strategies and answers:
• The first sale that’s made is the salesperson. If you don’t sell yourself, your product or service has NO chance.
• The attitude and belief of the salesperson directly affect the customer’s decision to buy.
• People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy. Stop selling. Start finding motives to buy.
• All things being equal, people want to do business with their friends. All things being not quite so equal, people still want to do business with their friends.
• People buy for their reasons, not yours. Find out their reasons first, and get them to buy based on that.
Got issues? Or got answers?
The difference is your sales success and your profit.
The Depot at 4th, 100 4th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | (515) 288-3336 | © 2016 Business Record. All Rights Reserved. | Legal disclaimer
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software,
All Rights Reserved