The U.S. Small Business Administration announced that more than 16,000 approved applicants will begin receiving checks as early as today from the Restaurant Revitalization Fund. The fund was established through the American Rescue Plan signed into law by President Joe Biden; this first round of funding represents over $2 billion of relief awarded since last Monday’s program launch, the agency said in a news release. The $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund provides pandemic relief of up to $10 million per business and $5 million per location. “We know that this help is urgently needed by so many who have suffered disproportionately from this pandemic and have often been unable to access relief,” said SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman. “Restaurants are the core of our neighborhoods and propel economic activity on Main Streets across the nation.” Following a 21-day priority period, all eligible applications will be funded in the order in which they are received. While the SBA will continue accepting applications from any eligible establishment until funds are exhausted, the number of applications received so far could exhaust the funds authorized. Interested on-site food establishments may still apply through SBA-recognized point-of-sale vendors or directly via the SBA online application portal.